POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Re: REQUEST: Animation posting guidelines : Re: REQUEST: Animation posting guidelines Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:30:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: REQUEST: Animation posting guidelines
From: Peter Warren
Date: 26 Jan 2000 05:51:04
Message: <388ed198@news.povray.org>
I was under the impression that AVI's were, not a standard,
but capable of viewing by most people. I don't pretend to
understand the technicalities of codecs.
I am surprised that gif's aren't a good option.

I've used an Mpeg encoder, but usually opt out for
the easier Avi option.
Hopefully I will soon find the time to use Sanders
CMPEG windows frontend.

Peter Warren
war### [at] hotmailcom

omniVERSE wrote in message <387fcd6f@news.povray.org>...
> Taking the liberty to move this topic over to p.a. group instead of
stringing
>it out here, in case it does grow a large thread.
>
>  I understand your point, which is why I always try to think of this fact
about
>not having every codec ever made or betas of new ones or something.
>  It's been noted that even Agif isn't altogether the way to go for all
>concerned.  Seems Mpeg-1 has never failed anyone so far near as I can tell
(I
>could be really wrong about that), but the Avi files have an assortment of
>possible codecs.  I'd almost think Mov files might be better than Avi since
QT